Wednesday, March 26, 2008

lovely dressmaking


these are the 3 things i've made so far - the middle top in the first one in a green fan pattern, the dress on the right in the second one - didnt turn out half as slinky :( and the skirt in the third one in an embroidered black cord.



And this is the next project, except its not going to be in cheap red polyester it's going to be in black & white patternedy stuff, and in the bubble shape like the tiny black one below the main piccies. It better be nice, and I'd better get deadly and confident at dressmaking soon, I spent €60 in Hickeys alone today.

I think I'd like a 'personal pattern shopper'. I find it hard to pick them, because almost everything seems naff in the catalogues. It doesn't help when you find american pattern review sites, and the final product has been made in a pastel synthetic and is generally yuck. and the fabric selection in hickeys is very hit and miss. The ladies in there can be very helpful (if they feel like it) but they don't move fast and my lunch time is only so long. Murphy Sheehy's so far still scares me a bit, especially when i ventured in yesterday and overheard a precocious young queeny salesman grilling some women about their personal histories practically when all they wanted was some curtain fabric.

maybe some update pics when i start that dress anyway.

STOP THE PRESSES...
I'm going to make this instead for Mark. I need to rush and get it done in time for Sylda & Mark's wedding. It's a zoot suit - amazing!

No comments: